The off season

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: The off season

Post by AlmostThere »

Willetts Hot Springs is a new fave of mine... the horse packers leave chairs in the tin shacks at Willetts camp, among other things, and having a freshwater faucet right in camp is kind of posh for a backpacking camp. And the tub! mmm, so nice to watch the bats come out of the rocks and skim bugs off the surface of the hot tub at dusk.

By spring the creek will be full again and there'll be tons of swimming holes to lounge in.

Someday I'll get all the way to Sespe hot springs.... maybe go in over Johnson Ridge instead of being distracted on the way in from the other trailheads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: The off season

Post by sparky »

I ride dirt bikes in the desert during the winter, or hike lower elevation hikes.