dmatt / unsettled weather on its way

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
dmatt
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

dmatt / unsettled weather on its way

Post by dmatt »

http://www.easternsierraforecast.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: dmatt / unsettled weather on its way

Post by markskor »

No chit...
Just scampered out of Saddlebag...it is coming down - right now.
All of Tuolumne area closed... TPR - boarded up.
Fishing was slow.
Mountainman who swims with trout
sierramel
Founding Member

Post by sierramel »

Doesn't look too good down our way. The Whites are socked in and the last time I got glimpse of them earlier this morning the snow extended as far down as it did earlier last week.
D'ya think this is the end of Fall in the high country?
"Some places remain unknown because no one has ventured forth. Others remain so because no one has ever come back."
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Well, Yose highcountry was buzzing with traffic yesterday. Probably not today. Glad we're out.. One never knows. If you get a break before ice-on, you might have to go.. prepared.. 12 hrs in a tent kinda sucks, unless you can fish successfully.
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

The weather gods have continued to smile on me. I was west and then south of Cottonwood Pass. Saturday was mixed sun and clouds, but no rain. On Sunday there were storms all around, but I was in sun almost the entire day, except for literally one minute of a dramatic hail shower. Then the sun came back out! This morning was sort of ugly, with intermittent light hail; I had only two hours to go to my car.

But it was with a feeling of sadness that I got there, as I realize this is probably my last day in the High Sierra for 7 months. Oh well, it's been a wonderful summer.