Ken Burn's "The National Parks" this Sunday on PBS

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
packmule
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Ken Burn's "The National Parks" this Sunday on PBS

Post by packmule »

rayfound wrote:
The Other Tom wrote:I've watched them all so far. I've never been so transfixed by a TV series.
Battlestar Galactica... I'm Jonesin' for that next disc to come on netflix.

But I'm 1/2 way through the first of the Parks series. I really have enjoyed it so far, but just haven't had the time to sit and watch it all. I think PBS should have spread it out more.... I'm glad I have a DVR to watch at my own pace.
Skibum wrote:Due to work schedule conflicts I have not been able to watch them yet. No worries though, I'll order the series through netflix and watch them when the snow flies, with hot tea and a fire going in the fireplace. :nod: That reminds me, time to get the wood in!
It was a little hard trying to fit them all in! I watched 4 of the 6 but would like to watch them again. I like the earlier years better but the evolution of the parks is pretty cool. I never Knew about the fire fall in Yose. Man that looked cool ,and the way the people use to feed the bears ](*,)