What are some of your favorite recipes to use please share....
* Jake's Cedar Plank for grilling
* 1 whole salmon fillet with skin (about 3 lbs.)
* 3 tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 tbsp. Safeway SELECT Verdi Olive Oil
* 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
* 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
* Fresh whole chives (optional)
1. Place cedar plank in a sink or a deep pan large enough to hold it lying flat. Add water to cover plank; if necessary, place another pan on top to keep plank submerged. Let plank soak at least 2 hours (to avoid scorching on grill).
2. Prepare barbecue grill and preheat for indirect-heat cooking (the charcoal or gas flame is balanced on the sides, not directly under the food).
3. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Remove plank from water and pat dry. Place salmon skin side down on plank. With a knife, trim salmon to fit plank, if necessary. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and minced chives. Spoon mixture evenly over salmon, then sprinkle with salt.
4. Set plank on center of grill (not over direct heat). Cover charcoal grill and open vents; close lid on gas grill. Cook until salmon is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Serve salmon on plank or transfer to a clean platter (see Notes); if desired, garnish with fresh whole chives. To serve, cut salmon into pieces and slide a spatula between meat and skin.
Notes: Salmon will continue to cook on the hot plank after it’s removed from the grill, so serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 357 CAL., 58% (207 CAL.) FROM FAT; 35 G PROTEIN; 23 G FAT (4.4 G SAT.); 0.5 G CARBO (0.1 G FIBER); 105 MG SODIUM; 103 MG CHOL.
Beverage suggestions: Chardonnay or Pinot Noir; a rich, slightly sweet Belgian beer such as Stella Artois; or sparkling lemonade.
Serve with: Chopped Summer Salad, Grilled Vegetables, Grilled Balsamic-Glazed Onions, Grilled Peach Sundaes with Blackberry Sauce, or Grilled Pineapple Rings with Ice Cream.
Tools: Jake's Cedar Plank, aluminum drip pan (charcoal grill only), paper towels, small bowl, whisk, spoon, knife, platter, wide spatula.
http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/Summ ... #iframetop
Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: Mtbski and 2 guests