Superbowl Fed-Ex commercial - look familiar?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
burtonfm
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Superbowl Fed-Ex commercial - look familiar?

Post by burtonfm »

Did anyone see the FedEx commercial during the superbowl that showed the caveman sending a stick via Pteradactyl? I took another look at the commercial the other day on the Google web site and noticed something very familiar. In the begginning of the commercial, the camera scanned the landscape showing snow capped mountains in the background. And there it was... Mt Whitney clear as day. The commercial was showing the eastern Sierra, and it was easy to pick out Lone Pine Peak, Mt Langley, and Mt Whitney.

Next time I'm driving up to Whitney Portal, I'm going to keep my eye out for those whacky cavemen.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

We were just discussing this in the Superbowl this weekend thread. It did indeed look familiar. Although I never saw any cavemen or dinosaurs in the area (I may have thought I heard some at night a few times though :D )
burtonfm
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by burtonfm »

Check out the Google web site where the commercials are posted. As the commercial is playing, freeze the frames and you'll see what I did... the eastern Sierra.