HST sighting (kind of)

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

HST sighting (kind of)

Post by gary c. »

I was sitting at the window waiting for my food at the jack in the box in mojave when I notice the guy behind me get out of his truck and start towards mine. He wanted to know if I was on my way to hike the Sierras? I said no I was on my way to see Alan Jckson at Primm :confused: I'm sorry to say that it really thru me off and I didn't take the time to introduce myself properly. He said he had seen my "Got Mountains" decal and wanted to introduce himself. I forget his name but he said his brothers name is "Tom G". Anyhow, thanks' for introducing yourself and I'm sorry that I didn't take the time to be more sociable I will try to do better next time. ;)
Gary C.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: HST sighting (kind of)

Post by Snow Nymph »

TomG has 3 brothers, David, Richard and Wild Bill. Do you remember what he was driving?
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Snow Nymph wrote:TomG has 3 brothers, David, Richard and Wild Bill. Do you remember what he was driving?
I didn't even notice, I just saw his door open in my rearview mirror. He only got to the back corner of my Sequoia as the girl handed me our food and we only exchanged a few words before she was back at the window wondering why I hadn't left yet. When I asked him if he was on the site he said no but he hikes the Sierras and that Tom is his brother. Like I wrote above the whole meeting caught me off guard and I got in too big a hurry.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

That might be David. I haven't met him yet, but I think he's the one that was supposed to do the JMT last year.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;