Anyone else see this?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Anyone else see this?

Post by dave54 »

Bad Man From Bodie wrote:... Last I checked, all National Parks in the United States of America are located in the Untied States of America...
And that is one of the reasons the rule change was enacted -- to help reduce the 'patchwork quilt' of firearm regulations on public lands. In many cases the various Federal public lands are commingled and intermingled, with no obvious markings on the ground to identify when you walk from one to the other.

Before: National Parks no guns.
National Wildlife Refuges Some OK, some not, depends on hunting season
National Forests firearms OK, follow local law
BLM public lands firearms OK, follow local law
COE, BOR lands firearms OK with a few exceptions, follow local laws.

Now: Follow local laws regardless of which Federal public lands you are standing on.

The 'Now' makes more sense and is easier for the owner of the public lands to stay legal.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
gdurkee
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by gdurkee »

dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by dave54 »

Other websites discussing this topic also have posted her piece.

The editors of the Chronicle, and evidently diane herself, fail to realize that outside the narrow enclaves of the bay area diane feinstein has zero credibility. Around here both her and comrade boxer are said to be the Senators from San Francisco. They do not represent the rest of the state.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
gdurkee
Founding Member

Post by gdurkee »

Umm, not to put too fine a point on it, but they both won statewide elections a number of times. You'd need more than just Bay Area support to do that. In addition, like it or not, both hold important Committee posts -- and influence -- in the Senate. Thus, an opinion piece from Feinstein carries both authority and weight.

g.
Bad Man From Bodie
Topix Regular

Post by Bad Man From Bodie »

dave54 wrote: Around here both her and comrade boxer are said to be the Senators from San Francisco. They do not represent the rest of the state.
:D :D :D :) :thumbsup: :partyman: :clapper =D> ;) ;) :partyman: :unibrow: :nod:

Yep.....that's awesome.....I like the comrade part the best!
gdurkee
Founding Member

Post by gdurkee »

I like the comrade part the best!
OH! Me too! You have no idea how lonely it's been since my Soviet masters stopped taking my calls. When they finally did, they said they couldn't help me overthrow the spawn of Capitalist Insects oppressing the brave workers of our country, but would I be interested in an Internationale ring tone for my phone?

Jeez. Then I called my Chinese masters. All they wanted to do was offload a few cases of Mao action figures on me -- remaindered, but guaranteed to float in the Yangtze.

So that just left my old buddy Fidel to reminisce about the good old days when the Evil Empire threatened the world, but that guy just talks forever. He spent most of his time chuckling about how he's outlasted 7 US Presidents -- several of whom tried to actually kill him. Then he suggested maybe it would make a great kid's cartoon -- He wanted to play the Roadrunner. Beep, beep.

What's a committed revolutionary to do? Wait! Yes, of course, the notorious Comrade Feinstein. But she's tied up in a recording studio when I call:

I'm no-tor-i-ous Comrade Feinstein
and I'm here to represent
want yo' guns, want yo' money
give illegals a big present

Don't care 'bout your fishies
i just feed 'em to my posse
keep froggies from croakin'
Got Rules, Judiciary, Appropriations, In-tell-i-gence
no jokin', voters lovin', keep electin'
representin', representin'
no worries, no worries

I'm rock up DiFi, Comrade Queen of the Senate
You got fish bones, you got fish bones
Choke on 'em. Heh.

(I'll never get a job writing for Tina Fey now).

g.
Bad Man From Bodie
Topix Regular

Post by Bad Man From Bodie »

OH! Me too! You have no idea how lonely it's been since my Soviet masters stopped taking my calls. When they finally did, they said they couldn't help me overthrow the spawn of Capitalist Insects oppressing the brave workers of our country, but would I be interested in an Internationale ring tone for my phone?
Thats funny too :partyman: Nice work.......It takes all kinds of us now doesnt it :partyman:

Happy New Year!!!!
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

George, it's time to get outside, thumb or no thumb! Sheesh.... :p

-B2
gdurkee
Founding Member

Post by gdurkee »

I like to call it Fusion Rap (a fusion of bad wine and no rhyme).

Also, I think rap is supposed to give voice to the inchoate pain from the artist's formative years -- thus the subtle reference (which you may be the only one here old enough to remember) that a photo of Mao swimming the Yangtze MAY HAVE BEEN FAKED! The question haunts me still.

Mere skiing when I am consumed by the rapture of rap? Oh, if you insist... .

g.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »