How did you come up with your moniker?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

How did you come up with your moniker?

Post by ERIC »

I�m curious how all of you came up with your message board monikers. Some (like mine :computer: ) are pretty self explanatory; but there are quite a few of you out there who have monikers that I'm curious about!

ERIC
Last edited by ERIC on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Sierragator
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Sierragator »

Transplanted Floridian who loves the Sierra.....
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Mostly out of haste. When I first started the internet forum thing, the only thing I could thing of was how I was either always waiting for people, or flying by them on the trail. Sounded cool at the time and in my hurry to register I used this name. Now in hindsight, I'd like a more aesthetic name, but everyone recognizes me by this one so I'll stick with it for now.
JM21760
Topix Regular
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

Initials, and birthday date. Only a bit more than a month to get my birthday presents.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Rosabella was the nickname my favorite ballet teacher gave me about 20 years ago. I'm still Rosabella in dance class, and it still makes me smile when he calls me that :). It just naturally carried over to other happy interests in my life.
AldeFarte
Topix Regular

Post by AldeFarte »

Dittos on Trailblazer's excuse. 2 years ago I realized I was mortal when I lagged behind the true old fart of our group on the first day of an ambitious hike. Gravity Sucks. In this case it was self deprecating. jls
caddis
Founding Member

Post by caddis »

AldeFarte wrote: 2 years ago I realized I was mortal when I lagged behind the true old fart of our group on the first day of an ambitious hike.
Of course, carrying 20 pounds more then that "older" man (by 1 year) didn't have anything to do with that 1st day lag
AldeFarte
Topix Regular

Post by AldeFarte »

Ya, but prior to that trip, That kind of thing never bothered me. We are both working stiffs and I would guess that his trade has put more years on his body than mine has me. jls
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Snow = I love the snow

Nymph = Young maiden dwelling in mountains, forests, trees and water

Before I got married, I camped out every weekend June/July thru November. When the slopes were open (Nov - June/July) I camped in my truck so I could ski/snowboard.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Mine should be obvious.

After I get my knees replaced, I think I might change it to "Robo Hiker"! :unibrow: