No More Trees at Tunnel View

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

No More Trees at Tunnel View

Post by Hikin Mike »

I just saw from another photography forum that NPS has recently removed some trees at Tunnel View. As a photographer, I think it's great. :D
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: No More Trees at Tunnel View

Post by The Other Tom »

Thanks for posting, Mike. The last time I was there (several years ago), I noticed things seemed to have grown over a bit. I wondered if the NPS would trim the tress back or let them go "au naturale". As much as I like to let nature take its course, I enjoy the view from that turnout.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Yeah I heard the deed had been completed per the submitted plan too. Great!

If the NPS would only hire me for one night's raid on the park, I could do a heck of a lot of good and we'd all be smiles. They would need to put me in a black Ninja outfit with one chainsaw with a single filling of gas. :wink:
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

SSSdave wrote:Yeah I heard the deed had been completed per the submitted plan too. Great!

If the NPS would only hire me for one night's raid on the park, I could do a heck of a lot of good and we'd all be smiles. They would need to put me in a black Ninja outfit with one chainsaw with a single filling of gas. :wink:
LOL!!! I love trees, but I that one tree really bothered me trying to get a good photo without that tree. Many times I wanted do get a chainsaw and remove it myself!