FORECAST 13-MAR-08 | High Sierra Topix  

FORECAST 13-MAR-08

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
User avatar

FORECAST 13-MAR-08

Postby dmatt » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:02 am

FORECAST FOR THE OWENS VALLEY, MAMMOTH AND MONO COUNTY
PROVIDED BY DENNIS MATTINSON
EASTERN SIERRA WEATHER FORECASTER
BROADCASTING FOUR TIMES A DAY ON THE SIERRAWAVE 92.5 / 96.5 FM

THURSDAY, MARCH 13, 2008 7:18 AM

A LARGE STORM MOVING INTO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST WILL BRING INCREASINGLY STRONG WINDS TODAY AND FRIDAY. A WIND ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED STARTING AT 10 AM TODAY. ALONG WITH THE WINDS THERE WILL BE A SLIGHT CHANCE OF ISOLATED MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS AND RAIN IN THE MONO COUNTY HIGH COUNTRY AND VALLEYS. BY SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY THE CHANCES OF SNOW INCREASE IN THE MONO COUNTY HIGH AS TEMPERATURES REALLY COOL DOWN WITH THE MAIN SYSTEM PUSHING THROUGH OUR AREA. THE OWENS VALLEY WILL ALSO HAVE AN INCREASED CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE SAME TIME PERIOD. THE SYSTEM MOVES EAST ON SUNDAY NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN WITH CLEARING SKIES AND WARMING TEMPERATURES.

TODAY FOR BISHOP AND THE OWENS VALLEY: PARTLY SUNNY BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY. HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE LOW 70S AND EVENING LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. NORTHWEST WIND 7 - 10 MPH INCREASING TO 20 - 25.

TOMORROW FOR BISHOP AND THE OWENS VALLEY: PARTLY SUNNY SKIES BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY ONCE AGAIN. HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 50S AND EVENING LOWS IN THE LOW 30S. NORTHWEST WIND 10 - 20 MPH GUSTING TO 30.

TODAY FOR MAMMOTH LAKES: PARTLY CLOUDY BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS DURING THE DAY BECOMING 20% IN THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 41 AND EVENING LOWS AROUND 25. WEST WIND 15 - 25 MPH GUSTING TO 40.

TOMORROW FOR MAMMOTH LAKES: PARTLY CLOUDY BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30% CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS INCREASING TO 70% LATER IN THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 35 AND EVENING LOWS AROUND 19. WEST WIND 15 - 20 MPH GUSTING TO 30.

TODAY FOR MONO COUNTY: PARTLY CLOUDY BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 7,500 FEET DROPPING TO 6,000 FEET IN THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM 48 - 58 AND EVENING LOWS 17 - 27. WINDY CONDITIONS SOUTHWEST 20 - 30 MPH GUSTING TO 50 WITH RIDGE TOP GUSTS TO 90.

TOMORROW FOR MONO COUNTY: MOSTLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE SNOW SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 6,000 FEET. HIGH TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM 40 -50 AND EVENING LOWS 12 - 21. WEST WIND 15 - 25 MPH GUSTING TO 35 WITH RIDGE TOP GUSTS UP TO 55.

NOTE: DENNIS' FORECAST ORIGINATES FROM THE FORT INDEPENDENCE EPA METEOROLOGICAL STATION AND IS FOR A SPECIFIC AREA AND TIME FRAME.



User avatar
dmatt
Topix Expert
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Lone Pine/Independence, CA
Experience: N/A

Return to The Campfire



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest