WEATHER FORECAST 12/07/07 | High Sierra Topix  

WEATHER FORECAST 12/07/07

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
User avatar

WEATHER FORECAST 12/07/07

Postby dmatt » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:27 am

FORECAST FOR THE OWENS VALLEY AND MAMMOTH AREA
PROVIDED BY DENNIS MATTINSON
EASTERN SIERRA WEATHER FORECASTER
BROADCASTING ON THE SIERRAWAVE 92.5 / 96.5 FM

LAST UPDATE: 7:31 AM PST DEC 07, 2007

OUR WINTER STORM IS MOVING THROUGH THE AREA TODAY WITH QUITE A BIT OF SNOW ALREADY FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY AND RAIN IN THE OWENS VALLEY. MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN HAS RECEIVED 1-2 FEET OF SNOW WITH MORE TO COME TODAY. THE ALABAMA HILLS GOT 1 INCH OF RAIN THROUGH THE EVENING AND THE OWENS VALLEY CAN EXPECT A CONTINUED CHANCE OF RAIN THROUGH OUT TODAY. THE MAIN PART OF THAT STORM WILL MOVE EASTWARD LATER TODAY AND BE REPLACED BY AN INSIDE SLIDER FROM BRITISH COLUMBIA ON SATURDAY. BEHIND THAT SLIDER TEMPS WILL REALLY DROP AND THE HIGH COUNTRY WILL HAVE LINGERING SNOW SHOWERS WITH THE OWENS VALLEY CONTINUING WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW.

TODAY FOR BISHOP AND THE OWENS VALLEY: CLOUDY SKIES WITH A 70% CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS, THEN A 30% CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS LATE IN THE EVENING. SNOW LEVEL 4,500 FEET TONIGHT. HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE LOW 50S AND LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTHWEST WIND 8 - 12 GUSTING TO 18 MPH.

TOMORROW FOR BISHOP AND THE OWENS VALLEY: PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30% CHANCE OF RAIN DURING THE DAY AND A 20% CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS LATE IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SNOW LEVEL 3,500 FEET IN EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 40S AND LOW TEMPERATURES IN THE LOW 20S. NORTHWEST WIND TO 5 - 10 MPH GUSTING UP TO 21.

TODAY FOR MAMMOTH LAKES AND THE MONO VALLEYS: MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SNOW. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION IS 100%. HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 30 FOR THE TOWN AND 38 FOR THE VALLEYS. LOW TEMPERATURE RANGE 15 - 21. WEST WIND 10 - 15 GUSTING TO 25 MPH.

TOMORROW FOR MAMMOTH LAKES AND THE MONO VALLEYS: MOSTLY CLOUDY AND COLD. CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS 70% DURING THE DAY, DROPPING TO 30% IN THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 19 FOR THE TOWN AND THE 28 FOR THE VALLEYS. LOW TEMPERATURE RANGE 5 - 14 . EAST WIND 10 - 15 MPH.

ON SUNDAY TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN COLD WITH A BREAK IN THE ACTION THEN LATE MONDAY, ANOTHER INSIDE SLIDER MOVES THROUGH CREATING A SLIGHT CHANCE OF ISOLATED SNOW SHOWERS IN THE HIGH COUNTRY WITH PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES FOR THE OWENS VALLEY.



User avatar
dmatt
Topix Expert
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Lone Pine/Independence, CA
Experience: N/A

Return to The Campfire



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests