WEATHER FORECAST 12/06/07 | High Sierra Topix  

WEATHER FORECAST 12/06/07

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
User avatar

WEATHER FORECAST 12/06/07

Postby dmatt » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:01 pm

FORECAST FOR THE OWENS VALLEY AND MAMMOTH AREA
PROVIDED BY DENNIS MATTINSON
EASTERN SIERRA WEATHER FORECASTER
BROADCASTING ON THE SIERRAWAVE 92.5 / 96.5 FM

LAST UPDATE: 6:21 AM PST DEC 06, 2007

OUR FIRST SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM OF THE SEASON IS ON THE MOVE TOWARDS CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND OUR AREA. THIS SYSTEM HAS A REAL GOOD SUBTROPICAL FEED AND SHOULD GIVE THE HIGH COUNTRY PLENTY OF SNOW. THIS STORM WILL SLAM INTO THE SIERRA THIS AFTERNOON WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING. SNOW LEVELS WILL QUICKLY FALL THIS EVENING DOWN TO 6,000 FEET OR BELOW FOR MONO COUNTY. MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN COULD SEE BETWEEN 12 TO 24 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW FROM THIS SYSTEM BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON. THE OWENS VALLEY WILL SEE RAIN SHOWERS BEGINNING AS EARLY AS MIDDAY TODAY WITH PERIODS OF RAIN ON/OFF THROUGH AT LEAST FRIDAY.

TODAY FOR BISHOP AND THE OWENS VALLEY: CLOUDY SKIES WITH A 30% CHANCE OF RAIN BY MIDDAY, BECOMING 70% BY THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE MID 50S AND LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. SOUTHWEST WIND 8 - 12 GUSTING TO 18 MPH.

TOMORROW FOR BISHOP AND THE OWENS VALLEY: MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 70% CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS DURING THE DAY. THERE WILL BE A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 40S AND LOW TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 20S. NORTHWEST WIND TO 10 MPH GUSTING UP TO 20.

TODAY FOR MAMMOTH LAKES AND THE MONO VALLEYS: MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 70% CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION. SNOW LIKELY BY MIDDAY WITH LEVELS DROPPING TO 6,000 FEET IN THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 30 FOR THE TOWN AND 38 FOR THE VALLEYS. LOW TEMPERATURE RANGE 23 - 35. SOUTHWEST WIND 10 - 15 GUSTING TO 40 MPH.

TOMORROW FOR MAMMOTH LAKES AND THE MONO VALLEYS: MOSTLY CLOUDY. CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS 80% DURING THE DAY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS LATE. HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 29 FOR THE TOWN AND THE 38 FOR THE VALLEYS. LOW TEMPERATURE RANGE 16 - 26. NORTHWEST WIND 10 - 15 MPH GUSTING TO 35 IN THE MORNING.

ON SATURDAY THE SYSTEM EJECTS EASTWARD, REPLACED BY ANOTHER DRYER COLD LOW DROPPING DOWN FROM THE NORTH. THIS WILL PROLONG SHOWER ACTIVITY FOR MAMMOTH AND THE OWENS VALLEY INTO SUNDAY. THINGS LOOK LIKE THEY WILL DRY OUT ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY.



User avatar
dmatt
Topix Expert
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Lone Pine/Independence, CA
Experience: N/A

Return to The Campfire



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests