Christmas in the Sierra...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Last I heard, it's not Lyme...right Mike? :(
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Hikin Mike »

Doctor's don't think it's Lyme anymore. They think I may have had it and that is what may have caused my initial elbow/shoulder pain, which is now gone. X-Ray shows very little cartilidge left in my knees and that knee surgery is something to consider.
JM21760
Topix Regular
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

That's rough Mike. I've had both hips replaced, recovery takes awhile. My Doc recommends no more skiing or carrying a heavy pack.
dave54
Founding Member

Re: Christmas in the Sierra...

Post by dave54 »

SteveB wrote:OK, whether you "do" Christmas or not, what are you doing for Xmas?
We are hosting the gathering this year. Unfortunately this rain-on-snow mess we have right now turned a white Christmas into a big sloppy muddy Christmas. Oh well.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

I'm in Mammoth at Looney Bean checking e-mails, etc. Yesterday was windy, foggy, low visibililty and it started raining on the slopes around 1:45pm. Today was warm (temps in the 50s), and you could hear scraping of boards and skis all the way down the slopes. We managed to find a few fun runs on heavy snow. We only did one run from the top, and it was scary! Oh well, beats working! :D

Might hike tomorrow.

Oh yeah, my good S70 is having problems now (the one I bought Sept 05 to replace the one I droppedp in the creek). The camera door doesn't close, but still takes pics. I'm sending the drowned S70 and the cracked LCD screen S80 back to Canon for repair. Starting price is $119 for the S70 + shipping, and they don't have a price for the S80, probably because its so new (I'm probably the only one that can break a new camera so fast :(
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Snowy, despite the ugly slopes, I envy you! ;) I had a few Jeep issues to take care of this weekend, but at least I have Monday off and I'm heading into Carson/Iceberg (hopefully) for some photo taking! Next weekend, tho... :D Im' all over it! :D
HookUp
Topix Newbie

On the right coast ...

Post by HookUp »

We had some beautiful weather here in Northern Virginia, a little snow, and after the family stuff was all done, grabbed the kayak and headed off to a warm water discharge area of the Upper Potomac and caught an assortment of catfish, large mouth and small mouth bass.

Water temps were in the low-40's in the river. At the warm water discharge, they were in the mid-60's. Big Change!
Freedom's not free