New Yosemite concessions exec golfs in protected meadow, loses job

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

New Yosemite concessions exec golfs in protected meadow, loses job

Post by rlown »

Ahh.. Justice..
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (FOX26) — The Vice Presidents of Operations of Aramark in Yosemite is now out of a job, after just a few months with the company.

Michael Grisar's wife posted a video to Instagram of Grisar golfing in the Ahwahnee Meadow, a protected area.

Wesley Eagle, a former employee with Yosemite, says he views that act as desecration.

"That decision alone, though one small act, if seen by others could create a domino effect that could be extremely harmful. The park gets thousands of visitors constantly, and if similar acts were re-created by just a few, it could spread out and create even more problems for this beautiful piece of land. I would definitely say his decision was not a hole in one."
https://kmph.com/news/local/yosemite-co ... ted-meadow
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: New Yosemite concessions exec golfs in protected meadow, loses job

Post by Lumbergh21 »

In my opinion and experience, most people want to do what is right toprotect the wilderess for future generations; they just don't always know what to do. In other words it is a matter of educating not punishing. Then there are self-entitled pri**s like this guy. I found two golf balls at Jackson Meadow in 2018. Sometimes I just don't understand people (or, maybe I just don't like them).
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: New Yosemite concessions exec golfs in protected meadow, loses job

Post by cgundersen »

Well, with any luck, this guy is probably teeing up shots at the Grand Canyon, or hitting through old faithful? Nice find Russ! Cameron