Old posts without photos

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Old posts without photos

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I initially linked my trip report photos to Phtobucket. After their extortionist policy about 4 years ago, I dumped them and they dumped my links. There are too many to go back and insert all photos again. But, if you have a particular report that you would like photos re-introduced, send me a PM and I will update it. I just did this with my Corridor Pass post.
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Old posts without photos

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

I think that they got rid of that policy a few months ago. I too had my older reports linked up to photobucket and when they started their heavy handed policy, I stopped using them totally. However, I've gone back to look at some of my older posts where the photobucket link was broken and they appear to be restored with a huge watermark saying "proudly hosted by photobucket" or some such nonsense. Perhaps they realized their mistake and backtracked on their decision, I have no idea. Maybe go back to some of your old posts and see if they have the links to the photos again.

Here's an example: http://www.highsierratopix.com/communit ... =6&t=12952 This one the photos are kind of blurry, but I've seen others when they aren't.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Dave, your pictures are not showing on my computer but I'm at work and many sites are blocked by firewalls.

As for the Photobucket pictures that are blocked there is a hack out there that allows you to still see them once it's downloaded to your computer. It was posted last year on another site and worked perfectly on my home computer. I got it from the admin at the Fly Fishing Addicts site who I know so I felt confident about using it. I'll see if I can find it again.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
tomba
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by tomba »

gary c. wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 am As for the Photobucket pictures that are blocked there is a hack out there that allows you to still see them once it's downloaded to your computer.
How to see Photobucket pictures: http://www.highsierratopix.com/communit ... et#p128542
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.