Install Topix on your website! (RSS feeds too)

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
caddis
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

RSS feed

Post by caddis »

Eric,

I can add an RSS feed to MY Yahoo page if I know the URL. Can I add HST this way also? If so, can you post the URL on the sticky page about instand HST?

Dave
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Eric, my page reverted back to the way it was before you spruced it up.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: RSS feed

Post by ERIC »

caddis wrote:Eric,

I can add an RSS feed to MY Yahoo page if I know the URL. Can I add HST this way also? If so, can you post the URL on the sticky page about instand HST?

Dave
Paste this link:

Click Here
Last edited by ERIC on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

mountaineer wrote:Eric, my page reverted back to the way it was before you spruced it up.
That's strange... I haven't touched anything. The issue could be only one of two things:

1) Your hosting company used an old backup version to restore your files.
2) You may have accidently uploaded the old page version.

Can you contact your hosting company to see if they have any idea why this problem would have occured? Let me know what they say. I have a backup of that file that I can email if needed.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
caddis
Founding Member

Post by caddis »

worked great...thanks Eric
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

ERIC wrote:
mountaineer wrote:Eric, my page reverted back to the way it was before you spruced it up.
That's strange... I haven't touched anything. The issue could be only one of two things:

Can you contact your hosting company to see if they have any idea why this problem would have occured? Let me know what they say. I have a backup of that file that I can email if needed.
Well, it must be number 1 as I don't have the old version anywhere. I'll check with tripod but good luck getting an answer from their customer service any time soon. :)
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

mountaineer wrote:
ERIC wrote:

Well, it must be number 1 as I don't have the old version anywhere. I'll check with tripod but good luck getting an answer from their customer service any time soon. :)
Problem solved. Just emailed you quick instructions for how to replace the file should this happen again. But, of course, please let me know if I can help. :thumbsup:
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

It did it again Eric and I can't get an answer from tripod. You e-mailed me a screenshot of how the page is supposed to look but I have no idea how to change it back.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Hey Jody,

Have you made any changes to your website recently? I'm wondering if when you make a change to a certain page, you then update all site files, including an old version of that particular page stored by Tripod or on your computer somewhere. Other than the possibility of this being all Tripod's fault, this is the only other thing I can think of that might be happening. Either way, did you receive my email with instructions for how to fix it yourself when/if this continues to happen? It's really pretty simple. The email would have been dated sometime around July 17, and lists detailed instructions.
:nod:
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Eric, I have made changes but am not sure if the page changed before or since. Would it be helpful if I completely deleted the page and then started from scratch?

By the way, I received an e-mail from you on the 17th with a screenshot of how the page should look but no instructions on how to change it.