Poop Alert

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
longri
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Poop Alert

Post by longri »

Harlen wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:42 pmAndrew Skurka has an elegant short "how to poop in the woods" video, (attached below) where he advocates using all manner of natural items to perform the deed, and then finishes with a single piece of tp. Check it out- he even describes the "back country bidet" technique....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2x-G7sXVs4

That's a well done video.

I've switched over to the bidet method in the last couple of years. I still use tp as well, just a lot less. Can't always find appropriate leaves/sticks/stones/snow so I often use some tp to get started, then water, then a bit of tp to dry off. Probably gross people out but I don't carry soap or hand sanitizer. And I prefer to use my dominant hand. When someone offers to shake my hand in the backcountry I generally warn them off.