Mary Fassbinder - National Parks Project

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Mary Fassbinder - National Parks Project

Post by rlown »

I wasn't sure where to put this post, so I'll drop it here as some of her art is about the Sierra:

"With our world so continuously changing, I want to preserve the lands through paintings that will feed the souls of future generations. I am forever grateful to the land and all it has given me, and I want to give back.

Realizing this led me to a goal: to paint on location, or “en plein air,” all of the National Parks in the U.S. within three and a half years. This goal, which I started in August 2014 and completed in April 2018, has presented a great challenge to myself. Through the process, not only did I become aware of my burning desire to finish this project because of what it meant to me, I found people who are just as passionate about preserving this land as well."

https://fassbindergallery.com/?keyvalue ... playhorz=1

Really great work!

Now she learned about the new Gateway Arch NP in Missouri and has to go there and paint.. A nice life!