Climate Change in California Article

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Climate Change in California Article

Post by Hobbes »

https://forecasts.surfer.com/#place=33. ... one_Sat_-1

Water temps are hitting 100-year highs in some parts of SoCal. In SD, most spots are reporting 77-79°, and yesterday Solana Beach was holding steady at 80°! OC has been running 72-74°. In LA, most all spots are reporting 70-74°. Even the usually cooler Zuma reported 72° yesterday. And water temps in the Santa Monica Bay hit 75° yesterday while San Pedro hit 77° yesterday.

Hurricane swell build from now a trio of tropical storms (an extremely rare triple Fujiwhara event) starting Thursday. (There's actually a 4th hurricane/TS - Hector - 500 SE of Hawaii.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrphil
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by mrphil »

longri wrote: Posting a series of falsehoods and then saying that you want to "further the conversation productively" comes across as disingenuous at the very least.
But you haven't indicated what you believe those falsehoods to be...some, all...which ones? Why? Anthropogenic global warming a hoax? No? LA not overpopulated and suffering environmental issues because of it? Not? No politics involved at all?......... I have no idea where you stand, except that you're not in favor of me and my opinions. Stay germane, stop trying to bait the water in your own unproductive way, and give everyone something to work with here. You obviously have opinions on the subject, albeit, ones that you deleted, go ahead and state them. Ad hominem attacks are the last resort strategy of those that are flailing, and you and I are going nowhere and adding nothing of substance in our little back and forth.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Ad hominem attacks are the last resort strategy of those that are flailing, and you and I are going nowhere and adding nothing of substance in our little back and forth.
Let it be, or will lock this thread.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
longri
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by longri »

Just lock it.