IT WORKED, I'M IMMUNE TO POISON OAK!!!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: IT WORKED, I'M IMMUNE TO POISON OAK!!!

Post by gary c. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:31 pm

neurochip,
This time of year if you post it people will read it.

"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray

Harlen
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: IT WORKED, I'M IMMUNE TO POISON OAK!!!

Post by Harlen » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Interesting that this fun post has resurfaced. I just discovered a new run in our Santa Cruz Mtns., which was beautiful, but at one point it had me high-stepping through poison oak sprigs. My own p.o. history being on the positive end of the spectrum, I didn't much worry, just hoped that the dogs would get some, and convey to onto my surly wife. :littledevil:

Longri wrote:
If someone got an itchy rear due to intentionally eating poison oak I'd think it was funny.
I'll go out and eat a few leaves now- to see if I can finally induce pruritus ani, and make Longri's day!

*...... no luck-- no leaves.