Backcountry Cannabis comsumption?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Backcountry Cannabis comsumption?

Post by maverick »

Everyone smokes it here, does anyone vape or consume it?
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

See my post:
or home-baked brownie
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
CAMERONM
Topix Expert

Post by CAMERONM »

There is term in the thru-hiking community called "hover hiking", referring to the act of smoking pot while doing miles.
Now I know why those kids are always munching Fritos.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

See my post:
Yes, I read it, but it seems that the majority smoke it, most folks I have seen in the backcountry smoke it.

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

maverick wrote:Everyone smokes it here, does anyone vape or consume it?
Mav, read the posts a little more carefully! I posted that smoking doesn't work for me and asked if anyone else used tinctures.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Mav, read the posts a little more carefully!
Yes Mike, read that, my answer, as it was to LMBSGV, is that "the majority smoke it, most folks I have seen in the backcountry smoke it."
Have seen a very few who vape.

mrphil
Topix Regular

Post by mrphil »

I used to, but THC at altitude messed with me. Now, with derivatives, I find that isolated CBDs in the form of gummies (one or two, max) is far more effective for pain and inducing a restful sleep than a whole lot of ibuprofen or pain killers. As far as I know, no THC, not illegal either. Don't quote me on that though.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Many years ago I developed an allergy to all drugs that causes me to break out in handcuffs. If I were to partake in the evening I most likely would not stop until everything in camp was gone. When you woke up in the morning there is a good chance that I would be gone along with any of your gear that I might trade for more on my way back to the car. Once I got home and over the next 6 months or so I would proceed to loose everything I have or at least until I ended up arrested again. January 3rd of this year I celebrated 20yrs clean and sober.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

maverick wrote:
See my post:
Yes, I read it, but it seems that the majority smoke it, most folks I have seen in the backcountry smoke it.
We must travel in vastly different circles and hike different areas. I rarely see anyone smoking anything on the trail or in camp.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Congrats Gary.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.