Christmas Eve.. What is everyone cooking?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: Christmas Eve.. What is everyone cooking?

Post by giantbrookie »

Prime rib will be the centerpiece. We'll have sides of beef teriyaki skewers and chicken teriyaki and we haven't decided on the other sides yet (such as the veggie dishes etc.). The main wine will be the 2013 Franciscan Estate Cab but I haven't quite planned the full wine lineup.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

No red meat here. :)
Horseradish Salmon Cakes with Yogurt-Chipotle Dip, Collard Greens, Black-Eyed Peas, Corn Bread, Smoked Turkey Thighs, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Salmon Casserole (using pasta made from green peas), set for a week. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

sub crab for the salmon and it's a winner!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

sub crab for the salmon and it's a winner!
Crabs good too, but you haven't tasted my salmon Russ. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 »

What!? No mashed potato ramen bombs?
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Lumbergh21 wrote:What!? No mashed potato ramen bombs?
That would be quite gross when not backpacking and access to a full kitchen. I also refuse to ever cook in a ziplock bag.