Planning and Communications in Yosemite National Park: A Public Dialogue
November 17, 2005
For Immediate Release
Yosemite National Park welcomes people to join in a series of public conversations to be held in local communities during the first half of December. In preparing for several major, overlapping planning efforts that will be underway during the next few years, the purpose of these meetings will be twofold:
* To go over the "Why, What and How" of park planning in the National Park Service (NPS), so that everyone has a full understanding of that process; and,
* To discuss how the NPS and the public communicate, in an effort to learn from past experiences and improve how we share information and integrate people's ideas into park decisions.
There will also be an overview of the general schedule of planning efforts coming up in the near future, including plans for Tuolumne, El Portal, and Yosemite Village. Participants will have the chance to learn how these plans relate and the process they will follow.
The dates and locations of the meetings are:
* Thursday, December 1: Mariposa Government Building, 6pm to 8pm
* Thursday, December 8: Groveland Library, 6pm to 8pm
* Monday, December 12: Oakhurst Community Center, 6pm to 8pm
For more information: Jen Nersesian, 209/372-0249, firstname.lastname@example.org
All are welcome to attend!
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
- Posts: 3138
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:13 am
- Experience: Level 4 Explorer
- Location: between the 916 and 661
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests