Peter Croft Presentation at Griffith Park (March 13)

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Peter Croft Presentation at Griffith Park (March 13)

Post by Snow Nymph »

I got e-mails from DaveG and BobR about this presentation on Monday. So I went to the Peter Croft Slideshow Presentation last night, and met a few new faces from the Whitney Portal forum.

Eight of my photos were used in Peter's book "Climbing Mt Whitney". :D Since we're in the process of packing for a move, I couldn't find my book to get autographed. :(

It was fun to see everyone!

PHOTOS: http://snownymph.smugmug.com/gallery/25 ... #135929485
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trekker
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Trekker »

WOW! It looks like a summit of the forums! Wish I had been there. Had to work, though, and the drive...... :\ Sure was a lot of experience in that room. What a seminar on the Sierra that group could give! :notworthy:

Snowy, great job on documentation. You finally made it to one of these presentations!!!!!!!! =D> Soon you'll be making your own, then there'll be picture book signings, world travel to promote it.....of course the peak bagging will have to take a back seat............hmmm..... :-k .......OK, never mind!!!! :D
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

WOW...8 photos in a book....congratulations Snowy! :cool:
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Ha! I got my Peter Croft book autographed! :0

Peter is a friend of mine and a very nice person. Although he is the world's best all-around climber and famous in the outdoor world, he is so down to earth. Great person just to shoot the breeze with about the mountains.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Yes, I agree, nice person and lots of stories! If mine isn't autographed, I'll give it to you so Peter can sign it. :D

We have two copies, since SnowDude took a few of those photos, and I know one copy is in Mammoth so I'll check this weekend.

Send Peter the link to the photos from the slideshow.

Thanks, Mike!

Trekker, it was a fun night. Except trying to find the 5 South (the first one I saw was blocked). It took me 30 minutes, driving in circles, and only finding a half dozen 5 North . . . . LOST, and no GPS! I do just fine in the backcountry! I hate trying to find my way in the city!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

How great to see photos of all those people I've heard so much about (and from!). Thanks so much, Snowie! :righton: :clapper