only 20 kids

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

only 20 kids

Post by dave54 »

trick or treating by our house this year.

Cold and rainy, and there not many young families at our end of town anymore.

I miss seeing the kids all dressed up. I also get a kick when I recognize the accompanying parents and remember them as coming by our house 20 years ago with their parents. They evidently know where the good candy is given out.

Now I have to get rid of the surplus, else I will just eat it.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
RichardCullip
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: only 20 kids

Post by RichardCullip »

152 kids came by our house. Quite a few were in groups of 10 or more. It's fun seeing all of the costumes.
Life is good. Eternal Life is better!

Richard
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

We got four. Kids, not groups. But it was also pouring rain.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

In any given neighborhood this may change with time, depending on the how many people are moving in or out of a neighborhood. I recall two places I lived in where many folks bought into a neighborhood at approximately the same time and stayed on in the neighborhood: one of these is where I went to elementary school through high school myself and the other is where my wife and I owned our first house for 15 yrs. In both cases there was a time when there were lots of young kids trick or treating but as this wave of kids got older and the numbers slowly diminished as new families were not moving into these neighborhoods. My kids went trick or treating in a new neighborhood for the first time last night, having just moved in August. There were lots of kids out. This could have been predicted in the sense that there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood and there are many houses that where folks really went all out in decorating. Of course bad weather can put a damper on things in any given year.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;