Mountain Lions Feeding on Deer in SEKI Video

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Mountain Lions Feeding on Deer in SEKI Video

Post by maverick »

SEKI Facebook:
This is a video of mountain lions feeding on a deer kill in Sequoia National Park. The rangers received a report of a dead deer and the wildlife biologist set up this camera to see if the mountain lions came back. They did! This is a great habitat for mountain lions as there is a large mule deer population in this region, which is their primary food source in the parks. They are elusive by nature and are rarely seen, but evidence of them can be found in most regions of Sequoia & Kings Canyon.
https://www.facebook.com/SequoiaKingsNP
Link may be broken, you may need to use a direct link, but worth it.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mountain Lions Feeding on Deer in SEKI Video

Post by rlown »

Well.. That is what they eat. Better deer than people, maybe. I've watched 3 vids since you posted this but not the one posted. I didn't feel it would be appropriate to post some of them. Most were kills.