Too much Fishing?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Too much Fishing?

Post by oldranger »

I've been fishing from my boat for Kokanee about 2 times per week lately. Last night, after returning from another fishing trip, while watching (?????) basketball on TV I briefly fell asleep (only missed one score). I awoke when I jumped forward to grab my rod when the tip was bouncing with a strike! My wife cracked up when I told her why I did what I did. It sure seemed real in my dream. By the way I named the boat "The Other Woman."

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Too much Fishing?

Post by rlown »

should probably not mount that recliner IN the boat unless you have enough "nap time water" in front of your boat.

The funny part.. When I bought my boat in '92, I also named her "the other woman!"
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

It ain't too much fishin' till the fish wakes up setting the hook in you
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by balzaccom »

Ha! Great story. I ride my bike a lot, and use a small mirror mounted to my helmet. And if I walk around town, I sometimes find myself checking in that direction, even though the mirror is back at home on my bike helmet.

I think these are indications that we have a good life/work/recreation balance. Others may disagree...
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I sometimes wake up pulling her hai..... never mind.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.