National Park Art? | High Sierra Topix  

National Park Art?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.

Re: National Park Art?

Postby rlown » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 am

signed the petition. The only thing she should be allowed to put her "artwork" on is the inside of a federal prison cell, and made to paint it over with thick white paint every evening.

Topix Junkie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby LMBSGV » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Topix Expert

Postby calipidder » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:47 am

I was asked to write an opinion piece for The Guardian about why this is so upsetting to so many people. ... sism-crime

What I, and my friend Casey at Modern Hiker, have been trying to do is try to get a net positive out of this. So much anger and outrage have been expressed from behind keyboards, but I don't want a witch hunt, I want people who seem to care so much to actually DO something to better the parks.

We've tried to turn this unfortunate event into a call to action, even if it is just encouraging people to pick up an extra piece of garbage when they go out on their weekend hike. Hopefully we get some extra volunteers, funds, and vigilant eyes out of this.
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Postby ERIC » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 am

Funny comment on the article: "She should be drawn and caricatured." lol
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook:
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Return to The Campfire