Welcome to October in the Sierra

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
SierraVisions
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Welcome to October in the Sierra

Post by SierraVisions »

Shot this up Bishop Creek this evening.

Steven
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by SteveB »

Great shot! :)

I was out above Truckee yesterday, and the Carson Range was covered in a light dusting of the white stuff. I'm glad to see winter finally returning! :) Heading out right now to check out Monitor Pass and Ebbets Pass areas! Might even get ambitious and try for Sonora Pass!
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Well Steve if you made it to Sonora Pass you had a good chance of finding it closed. I was able to make it out of Yosemite this morning but the road was closed and the Park to incoming traffic.

:) A party in a PT Cruiser was catching up to me going down 120 to Lee Vining and I'm not a party pooper in the snow, so I pulled over before they caught up to me and let them go. :) A few miles down the road where there was snow on the road again, he took a curve pretty wide. I'm surprised they didn't stop to clean there shorts. He slid over to the other lane, barely missed a road side marker, then fish tailed a little before straightening things out. Down the road, I saw where someone else had went in the ditch, then I caught and passed a minivan, they were on the left so I felt funny passing them on the right. The PT Cruiser was doing the same when I caught up to them a short ways past the minivan. I guess they were scared pretty good. It seems no one wanted to go down the Tioga Pass road next to the dropoff without the guardrail except me.
Piece of cake.