another breatharianism convert?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

another breatharianism convert?

Post by markskor »

Not sure what ever happened to our own convert, (last year) but...

Ukranian model Valeria Lukyanova, who has come to be known as the "human Barbie," now claims she doesn't consume food or water anymore, according to the dailymail.co.uk.
That would be called starving yourself in some circles, but the model, 23, has said she is now converting to "breatharianism": training herself to live off only light and air."In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all; I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," she has said. A breatharian is someone who never eats or drinks because they can exist on "cosmic micro-food," the website said.
What else should you know about her? She has said that she is a spiritual teacher and can speak with aliens through light, she thinks she has the ability to time travel and has had out-of-body experiences, the site says. And that she's probably from Venus.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainme ... 7901.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mountainman who swims with trout
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Re: another breatharianism convert?

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

Perhaps she can hook up with our HST buddy circusoflife and they can hike barefoot through the sierras and have super ultra light packs since they don't have to carry food or water. :wink:
Last edited by Fly Guy Dave on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

now.. if it were true AND we could adopt the practice.. just think how light our packs would really be. :)

Too much time on your hands, Mark.. Get back to painting..
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

Breatharianism is only an intermediate step to true enlightenment.

Advanced practitioners have learned to forgo air and subsist only on the cosmic consciousness. :lol:
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Rockchucker
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by Rockchucker »

Now if you could only live on helium, that would put some bounce in your step!
I'm no suture for my future.
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by Troutdog 59 »

If you combine the two, Circus with no shoes or clothing and now this young lady (?)) who needs no food or drink, the two of them together could completely revolutionize ultra light backpacking as we know it :eek: . My pack would likley still be about 40 pounds as I would just bring more fishing tackle, but whats wrong with bringing 7 rods, reels, and a large Plano tackle box!!!. :unibrow: If your not eating, drinking, or wearing any clothes, do you need a tent, raingear, or a sleeping bag??? :retard: :eek: Just wondering!!!!
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

:)

only way to answer that post. only 7 rods?
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

We talked about this idea awhile back with another hiker on here that wanted to do this. I don't remember how his trip went or if we heard.

I always keep an open mind because if nothing else I like to understand what people believe and why. This idea I cannot say I think has any truth to it at all. If it did why have people been dying of starvation throughout all of human history and continue to this day? Why do they die if they can just stand in the sun and feed up? Do they claim that quantum physics play a part and that if you just really believe it's true then it will be? We and all other animals are simple biological machines and if we weren't meant to eat food then we would not have an entire system dedicated to doing so.
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

Here's the low-down from a more or less reputable source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNX3v1L6s0g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;