Why No Waiving Of Entrance Fees in SEKI For Vets?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Why No Waiving Of Entrance Fees in SEKI For Vets?

Post by maverick »

Yosemite has been since 2006, between 11/9-11/11: http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/yosemi ... eekend.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As a Vet, would be interested to know why SEKI does not, and if they do/have, why
does their site not indicate this as Yosemite's does? Any folks here in the know?
Not guesses/conjectures please.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
dave54
Founding Member

Re: Why No Waiving Of Entrance Fees in SEKI For Vets?

Post by dave54 »

Who pays entrance fees anywhere anymore?

Everyone I know has one of the lifetime passes.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Young farts don't qualify Dave! Of course you were just rubbing it in! One of few benefits for getting old!

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Dave54 wrote:
Who pays entrance fees anywhere anymore?
:)
oldranger wrote:
One of few benefits for getting old!
Unfortunately that list of benefits keeps getting shorter and shorter as we get older and
older. :(
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

oldranger wrote:Young farts don't qualify Dave! Of course you were just rubbing it in! One of few benefits for getting old!

Mike
I have no qualms, remorse, or misgivings about letting 'young farts' subsidize me. So keep working hard all you young taxpayers. Eventually you will be allowed to enjoy the fruits of superannuation!
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

i think i've paid 4 times in 20 years. I go in at night and come out during the night, when i was young. Think this was about Vets and not age. Guess they should waive it for vets across all the NPS. Not my call. This wasn't about being old, Mike.