Following will be added on the "info" page of the form:
Aluminum Sole In-Prints/Photo’s
This could be another very important piece of evidence that SAR could use to find you!
- Clean the sole of you shoe, boot, and camp shoes.
- Fold up a towel, lay down a sheet of foil, step on it with your shoe/boot.
- Place your entire weight onto you foot, then peel the foil off the shoe carefully.
Make prints for all your shoes: winter, trail, camp shoes.
- Label each print with a piece of masking tape that has the brand, model, and
size written on it.
- They should be stored in a plastic container or shoe box so they are not compromised.
- Take photo's of each pair of shoes, and store with sole in-print.
- Leave a copy of the sole in-print's and shoe photo’s in your car.
Thank you AlmostThere for supplying the particulars.
Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
- Forums Moderator
- Posts: 9331
- Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:54 pm
- Experience: Level 4 Explorer
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests