Show yourself!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
yosemitechris
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by yosemitechris »

Still can't figure out how to post a picture but here is a link. Most recently we climbed Mt. Langley. Those pix are at the top. Farther down the picture link is shot of me at Finger Lake.

Chris
http://www.jmt2k.com/news.htm
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Chris,

I edited your post and added one of your pictures. Click on the edit button to see what I did. :cool:

ERIC
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

OK... this just can't be as difficult as I'm making it! I've tried to follow the steps that Bearlover posted above, but I can't get the image to show.

I've posted a picture on "Webshots" (at least I got that far :retard: ) but I've been working on this for almost an hour and I'm stumped....

:crybaby:
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Rosabella, I tried what you did and it didn't work. I can see that you are "logged in to webshots" from the link posted. Log out and post your link. That's about all I can help with. :o
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Webshots won't allow you to post off-site (remote linking).
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

That's not a photo URL, Rosie. I just visited the URL you have there, and it takes me to a regular page on WebShots; not even an album page. You can't copy the link in your browser. You have to actually right mouse click on the actual image, select properties, and then highlight and copy the direct URL found in the popup window. In addition, Webshots has given people problems in the past. The thing is, they don't want you to hotlink images from there...so they make it as difficult as they can.

I'll try to make a web tutorial on how to do it using screen shots when I have a chance. Or, maybe someone else might be willing to take up that job. We'll see.

Beyond that, let's move our image posting practice to the Techical Problems & Questions forum, ok? We'll try to keep this thread going on what it was originally intended for. :thumbsup:
wingding

Post by wingding »

I can't post a picture - all my photos are uploaded to webshots.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

OH MY GOD.... LOOK I DID IT!!!! YES!!!! :D wOOHOOOO!!!

Oh, I am SO Proud of myself!!!

OK..... I'll try to calm down now :p

Anyway - this is a picture from the African Drum/Dance camp I went to last August it was GREAT! I'm playing the Sangban, I like it better than the Djembe, it's really fun to play and it doesn't hurt my hands like the djembe does.

Alright, Skibum... we can do it !!! :D
Rosie
Skibum
Founding Member

Post by Skibum »

What! Why!!!!! I just get a box with a red X. Did your pic show up on your screen? :retard: :puke: :crybaby:

Bye the way, I play a mean Didjuredoo!
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Here I am on Sawtooth Peak.............

Shawn

PS. All I did was click on 'Img' cut and paste the image URL and then click on 'Img' again. Hope it isn't a red X to everyone else.