Wife Beverly died this morning.

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: Wife Beverly died this morning.

Post by giantbrookie »

My condolences, Russ. I'm sure it's been a difficult year for you with this being the toughest of many things you've had to go through. Best wishes for better times ahead for you this year. Extra best wishes that the High Sierra will help the healing process, beginning with some exceptionally large trout.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rayfound
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by rayfound »

Aww jeez I'm sorry man.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Now it is about cleaning up finances as she had no will. As the surviving spouse, I have most of the control. Simple signing and notarizing. Her books were donated today back to the Buddhist group by my step daughter. She is cremated. Yet another process.

Again, smoking is bad. And I need a will just to take care of my real assets on the ground. Already changed my beneficiaries for my IRA.

Yes, I miss her, but she made choices I couldn't change.
commonloon
Topix Regular

Post by commonloon »

So sorry to hear this Russ. Cancer sucks. Take care of yourself.
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Post by MountainMinstrel »

So sorry to hear this Russ. I praying for you.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Just now seeing this Russ, I'm so sorry for your loss. Smoking is a killer for sure, I've read that it is often more addictive than the best drugs around.
As you say, at least she is no longer in pain. May she rest in peace and my sincere condolences to you and your family.
SweetSierra
Topix Regular

Post by SweetSierra »

I just saw this as well and am sorry for your loss and all that you have to go through as a result. Smoking is very addictive and a very difficult habit to break (I've read). I hope you and your family take good care.
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

Sorry my man. Cigs are addictive. I have a good friend has quit 2x and again is still smoking and is on O2 all the time and COPD is crushing him...Sad. Be well and hope you get some Sierra healing time up at Puppet...
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Thanks. My dad is next. He is 82 and smoked a pipe and cigars for my lifetime. He has COPD and a history of asthma. I think some of this is genetic as his parents both smoked and lived well into their late 80's. I just signed the cremation papers for Bev.

Looking forward to my Humphreys and French basin adventure with Simba and 3 friends this September.
Hoping Cali won't be on fire then.
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

So sorry to hear. My sincerest condolences.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;