Happy New Year From Solano County!!

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Happy New Year From Solano County!!

Post by Vaca Russ »

Today "Sport" and I decide to ring in the new year with a little verticle climb near Berryessa.

The trail we took had quite a few mudslides. :)
1 Mudslide.JPG
2 Mudslide.JPG
We went to a place called Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve. The parking is just below the dam. Sport decided this "trail" was inadequate. :)
3 Sport Stopped.JPG
So we chose to make our own trail.
4 Sport Climbing.JPG
This hill is pretty steep.
5 Berryessa.JPG
We were climbing to the top of Pleasants Ridge. The real trail starts at about 200 feet and the top of the ridge is 1656 feet.

I got some pictures of really good views. :D
6 Sport Berryessa.JPG
...and even higher up the ridge.
7 Sport Higher.JPG
Get ready for another great year! Thanks for reading my post.

-Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Happy New Year From Solano County!!

Post by rlown »

nice report! now check yourselves for ticks... I grew up in Fairfield and hung out around that lake alot.

And a happy new year to you as well!
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

Russ,

Thanks for the advice about the ticks. We are already well aware of the tick menace from our daily hill climbing at Lagoon Valley. Fortunately my girls are white with short hair.
1 girls.JPG
2 girls.JPG
The ticks are pretty easy to see.
3 tick.JPG
5 ticks.JPG
Sometimes I wonder why I bother. You know these girls really aren't very cute. :)
6 not cute.JPG
-Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I know that look from your girl on the right in a couple of your pics.. She's the one with the evil switch that sometimes flips on. My Bubba has one as well. :D