Big Sur, Saturday May 27th (5 pics)

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
ifernau
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Big Sur, Saturday May 27th (5 pics)

Post by ifernau »

I have to admid that Buck Forester inspired me to take a long overdue trip along a small section of the California coast. So I planned on checking out the McWay Falls after I’ve been there about 9 years ago. Started at around 2:30AM and drove along Hwy 1 past the State Park where the trail for the McWay Falls is. Sunrise was not worth a photo I must say. I remembered that there was a trail right by Hwy 1, but that had been closed by a gate. Turned around after another 10 miles, I knew I had past the trail. The park was deserted at 6:45AM, actually it does not open until 8:00AM. Flower ops are sparse along the slopes and at this time of the morning they are still closed. I know afternoon is better light for the falls, but I thought I try the early morning just after sunrise. The trees above the cove are a really tuff subject at 7:00AM! I have to try again for an afternoon shot some day. Trailblazers and Bucks images of the falls have much better light.
Drove as far as Lucia and found an interesting view at the lodge. Not wild flowers, but I liked the view.
Most of the images I took at the Bixby Bridge were a bust in my opinion.
Anyway here they are:

Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

WOW!!! :eek:

Good show! Used to live in Santa Cruz, so that stretch was visited a lot back in the day. Hold it near and dear to my heart.

Thanks for sharing...
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Whoa! The colors are outstanding. I was going to say that the #2 image is my favorite of the bunch, then I looked at the rest of them. Magnifico!
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Wowza, those are great! I think the waterfall looks great in the soft morning light, and the vivid colors of the coastal vista shots are outstanding! Great series of images!
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Great images Inge! Love the third one with the flowers.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Wow! I think I need to take a road trip.... those pictures are all amazing! Beautiful!!!