Trinity Alps

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Trinity Alps

Post by TehipiteTom »

First installment of my Trinity Alps trip report here. Great trip, my first in that area; I'll definitely be back.

Full set of pictures here.
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Trinity Alps

Post by rlown »

Nice report and lovely pics of all the flowers.. Seems to be a lot less snow than i expected, but i guess it is July. How were the skeeters and if you fished, anything good to report on there?

Russ
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Post by TehipiteTom »

rlown wrote:Nice report and lovely pics of all the flowers.. Seems to be a lot less snow than i expected, but i guess it is July. How were the skeeters and if you fished, anything good to report on there?

Russ
Thanks! Mosquitoes were present but not terrible--I really expected worse. (The worst bugs we ran into were clouds of gnats along the shoreline of Deer Lake.) Didn't fish, so I have nothing to report.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Post by TehipiteTom »

Part 2 is now posted.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Thanks for Sharing Tom. My first backpacking trip was in the Trinity Alps. Always wanted to head back there at some point to explore some more.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I'm going to Ward and Horseshoe Lakes on Sept 23rd for a week (about 5 "crow" miles North of your trip TT.) Hunt/Fish/Backpack combo. I've never been in that area before, so this will be fun. I'm hoping for some weather, believe it or not. So far, looks to be a very dry year.

Russ