2nd trip to Australia: Pt 1 - Tasmania (Overland Track bkpk)

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: 2nd trip to Australia: Pt 1 - Tasmania (Overland Track bkpk)

Post by madeintahoe »

Hi Cori....I am really taking my time enjoying each album..I am still on part 1....I want to enjoy them...what beautiful and awesome pictures you are getting...I sit and see the image on my computer screen..and then think you and Scott are seeing it in real life.

Tasmania is really beautiful....the wildlife you are seeing I just can't imagine how wonderful that must be. The landscape and vegatation is very unique!

The Wombats are so very sweet..I love them!...man are they cute! :D :D

Thank you so much for sharing all this with us here..I really appreciate it!

Safe journey back home :)
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

MiT, thanks for checking them out. I know you of all people really love the animals like I do. Its amazing seeing them in real life, and being able to touch them in the wild is really special. Its so different there! Wait til you see part 3!

Still working on Part 2
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Wow, great pictures and wonderful trip, Cori! Takes me back... We spent Christmas vacation 2004 in Tazzie when we were working in Canberra (well, Christmas itself in Melbourne, the rest of the time on Tazzie). It's a fantastic place, isn't it? My wife and I (we're both plant biologists) kept saying, "This sure isn't Kansas!" as we looked at the plants and animals. Did you climb Cradle? I could see it in the background but it looks like you didn't do that one -- reasonable, as it's typically covered with people, but it's a great mountain (and climbable with one arm, as I recall). Did you manage to keep the devils from eating your shoes? That was supposed to be a constant threat for campers when we were there, though we never saw an devils in the wild (lots of wombats, though, and plenty of devils in wildlife parks). And you saw Quolls!!!! You really are a privileged soul!

-B2
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

LOL! SnowDude is from Kansas!

We wanted to do Cradle Mtn, but there was no visibility, and we were told it was all boulders. With the rain and being in boulders (aka slippery), I didn't want to risk another fall. We also couldn't see anything so we stuck to the trail. We're thinking about going back, and doing Cradle as a day trip.

We didn't see any devils in the wild. :( so we went to the conservation park to see them. Better than not seeing them, I guess. Yep, the quolls were cool! And we shared a hut with them! The babies were adorable! It would be worth going back just to see the wildlife! Cool place!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kgw
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by kgw »

OMG! You are really cutting into my "productivity," SN :cool: