Holden Village, Railroad Creek Valley N. Cascades

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Holden Village, Railroad Creek Valley N. Cascades

Post by oldranger »

Hidden away in the North Cascades is an abandoned copper mine now Lutheran Retreat. Don't anyone think I am trying to convert anyone. Heck I'm not even Lutheran, though my wife is. I would best describe it as a community of people of good will. I visited again this fall and have now been there during each of the seasons. At any rate If you enjoy good company it is a great place to experience an almost wilderness setting of incredible beauty.

How do you get there? By boat up lake Chelan then a 1/2 hour 10 mile ride in a school bus up to the village. Some hints at what it has to offer:
mike
Hart Lake.JPG
Peaks above Copper Bsn.JPG
on the way to holdenlk.JPG
holden winter 2.JPG
hope you enjoy!

mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Holden Village, Railroad Creek Valley N. Cascades

Post by oldranger »

One more photo, The Village Christmas 06
Holden Winter.JPG
Cheers

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Holden Village, Railroad Creek Valley N. Cascades

Post by hikerduane »

Nice place.
Piece of cake.