Sandy Point (7,062')

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sandy Point (7,062')

Post by Snow Nymph »

Sandy Point (7,062')
Wednesday, 28 December 2005 - Day 2 of 3 . . .
Photos: http://community.webshots.com/album/537132463eLMSiG

From Eureka Sand Dunes we drove to the start of the Sandy Point dayclimb (4,954'). This hike was a series of ups and downs along a ridge. We got to the Sandy Point summit (7,062’) in 4 hours, and had fun picking out peaks we've done in all directions including the Sierra, and Eureka Sand Dunes from the previous day. After an hour, we headed back to the truck, arriving just before it got dark. A quick change into clean clothes, and we were on our way to Last Chance Mountain trailhead.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

SN, beautiful pictures of another Desert peak! I love the lichen one. Looks like you two had a really nice hike :)
Very cool arm warmers...what a neat idea! What is the fabric made of?
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Thanks, MiT!

The arm warmers have a light fleece lining inside. The outside is some kind of spandex. I have to check. I think its Pearl Izumi, got it from Performance Bicycles. I've been using the leg warmers under my zip pants, so I can pull them up or down in cooler weather depending on how I feel. I get pretty hot and sweaty hiking, so after the Manly Peak hike (my long sleeved thermal was soaked and I got cold even with my jacket), I decided to try the arm warmers. I don't have to wear a shirt/jacket, my armpits and back get air and I don't get soaked. I wear my sun shirt but that dries fast (I switch to the jacket on the summit) This system works well for me . . . I can control my body temp, I don't overheat and I don't get cold from sweat when I stop. I also used a fleece head band with ear warmers . . . Kept the sweat off my face and kept the ears warm. I like this new setup!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;