Return to Naknek

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Return to Naknek

Post by rlown »

How much did you end up shipping home?
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by bobby49 »

One time I was at Anchorage International Airport getting checked in for my flight home. There was a group of four salmon fishermen just ahead of me in line. They had their catch frozen solid into 50-pound boxes. Each fisherman had four such boxes, so that was a total of 800 pounds of salmon. I wonder what the excess baggage charges were.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

bobby49 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 pm One time I was at Anchorage International Airport getting checked in for my flight home. There was a group of four salmon fishermen just ahead of me in line. They had their catch frozen solid into 50-pound boxes. Each fisherman had four such boxes, so that was a total of 800 pounds of salmon. I wonder what the excess baggage charges were.
On alaska, today, assuming that each had Alaska airlines credit card and none were active military-First bag (Gear) free, first box $40, and 3-5 $100 each or $340 total each. Anyone active military there would be no charge.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
oldhikerQ
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by oldhikerQ »

OR-
Glad that you were able to make it to Alaska this year.
The wife and i were up mid June for a couple of weeks. Took a charter out of Homer to fish for Halibut. Each got our limit (2 large and 2 small). She got a 50+" on her first ever fishing trip. Made mine look little.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost