CDT Thru Hike 2018 "Trip Report" - 31 Episode Video Series

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
seekinglost
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

CDT Thru Hike 2018 "Trip Report" - 31 Episode Video Series

Post by seekinglost »

Hey everyone, in 2018 I thru hiked the Continental Divide Trail and I'd like to share with you the 1st episode in a 31 part series:

The first 3 videos will be posted today. The remainder of the videos will be released on a daily or every other day basis. I won't bombard you all with each new episode as it is released. If you like what you see in the first 3 episodes, you can subscribe to my youtube channel to be informed when each new video comes out.

I put an enormous amount of effort into these videos. I carried 5lbs of camera gear throughout my thru hike, amassed 6000 video clips and have spent months editing. I hope you enjoy the videos and please let me know what you think!
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: CDT Thru Hike 2018 "Trip Report" - 31 Episode Video Series

Post by c9h13no3 »

Really enjoyed these. The CDT has always been the thru hike I'd do if I was ever inclined. The Gila wilderness looks pretty epic.

Your soundtrack in the videos makes me chuckle a bit, not sure why.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
seekinglost
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: CDT Thru Hike 2018 "Trip Report" - 31 Episode Video Series

Post by seekinglost »

Thanks! The Gila was awesome. When I look back on the hike, it was one of the most unique areas and most memorable sections. If/when I get the chance to go back someday, I'd love to spend some time exploring the side canyons.

I'm mostly using music tracks from the envato market so I don't have copyright issues. Many are not my first choice either haha. Glad you got a chuckle, and at least it didn't make you cringe :D