Feather Falls Trails

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Feather Falls Trails

Post by Ikan Mas »

I went up to Feather Falls today, above Oroville. Enjoyable hike. I ventured upstream above the falls on what looked like a passable, but somewhat overgrown trail to a cabin site and a cable crossing (cable still in place) above the falls. My GPS maps show the trail continuing on the east bank upstream and another trail at the cable crossing heading up to the ridge to the west. Knowing full well that area saw a lot of mining activity, this doesn't surprise me. However, I am curious if anyone has explored the area above the falls. The Fall River looks like a great and probably untrammeled trout stream. Has anyone been up there? The spring looks like a good time to be up there and I have little doubt that the summertime is rather toasty. Ticks and poison oak in abundance. Tus pensamientos por favor. Gracias.
Tom_H
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Feather Falls Trails

Post by Tom_H »

Have only followed the trail a short distance beyond the falls. It was very nice in springtime. Downstream from the falls, the bridge across the stream on the lower trail was still washed out and not repaired, so the loop was not doable.