Vegas Tragedy

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Vegas Tragedy

Post by maverick »

Sending my thoughts of strength to all of those affected by this senseless and horrible act.
Some of our Vegas members are, "Jorrflv", lasvegasmilo", "Slade, and "Allyn", hopping you are safe and well.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Re: Vegas Tragedy

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

I can verify that Las Vegas Milo is just fine. Perhaps it should be noted that he is in law enforcement and was on the scene for a VERY long time. A tragedy for everyone involved, and those who have to deal with the aftermath.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I can verify that Las Vegas Milo is just fine.
Thank you Dave.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

I know many people who were there. They all have stories of dodging bullets, trying to get cover, seeing people getting shot, the confusion, not being able to get out...two friends of mine know people who died on the concert field. This is just unbelievable.

A woman I work with has an absolute crazy story of dodging bullets
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Dave_Ayers »

This one hits close to home, not only because of the folks we know in Vegas including some at the event, (fortunately all unscathed), but also due to having been through a much smaller shooting back in '98 at the AC Fair. My sympathy and best wishes to all affected.