Backpacking Rocky Mountain National Park

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
RiseToADry
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Backpacking Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by RiseToADry »

I went backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park over July 4th weekend in search of some native Greenback Cutthroats. I wrote up a pretty detailed post on my blog, so I'll post a few teaser images and a link to the post there. Hope you guys enjoy!

If you have any questions about backpacking in RMNP, feel free to ask.

http://aspiringwild.com/

overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Backpacking Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by overheadx2 »

That looks incredible. I just got back from Maroon Bells which was amazing, but a little crowded with very little fishing. Was looking into going up into the RMNP area next year. Thanks for the TR.
jeremiahkim
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by jeremiahkim »

Beautiful photos. Those fish are incredible! My first backpacking trip was in RMNP out of Grand Lake to Lake Nanita. Still one of tne of the most spectacular backcountry experiences I've had. Your post has me itching to get back. Thanks for sharing.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

Whoa, those are some positively beastly cutties! Beautiful country and amazing fish. That's a like a whole high country fishing season in one trip.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
robertseeburger
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by robertseeburger »

Ah.. your post brings back memories.

I lived in Boulder/Longmont for six years 1996-1999, and 2002-2005. I did tons of dayhikes, and I considered RMNP my back yard, but I never backpacked.
(Sigh). Too busy working and raising a kid..

Rockies have a different kind of beauty than the sierras. Your cuts look great! Very fat!!