Alaskan Odyessey

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
mcgenes
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Alaskan Odyessey

Post by mcgenes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 am

Love that sockeye picture! Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMBSGV
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by LMBSGV » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:30 am

That's wonderful you had such a fabulous trip. I'm jealous. I want to get to Wrangel and will definitely return to Denali. It's great you got to see the mountain-there is something about it that no photo can encapsulate. Staying at Tek put you really in the park so you were able to experience Denali. And it's wonderful the mama grizzly cooperated on the bus trip.

wildhiker
Topix Expert

Post by wildhiker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:25 am

Sounds like a great trip! Reminds me of my one Alaska camping excursion in 2008 with my wife. We did a similar tour as yours except 1) we flew to Anchorage and rented a car; 2) we don't fish; and 3) we never got to see Denali. But I thought the Wrangell Mountains and the many glaciers were magnificent. I wrote up a report with photos: http://www.wildhiker.com/alaska2008/Overview.html
-Phil

oldhikerQ
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by oldhikerQ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Thanks for the trip report OR. Especially like the photos. Spent 3 weeks up there in 2016 with the missus for our 4th trip there.
Hope to get back to Alaska in a couple of years and get some time fishing for a change.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Harlen
Topix Expert

Post by Harlen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks a lot for posting this Mike. Sounds like you had a great long trip up there, fantastic photos too- it looks as if "Mama Griz" is coming right at you! I hope you have a long lens that explains it. Cheers, Ian