Wind River Mountains 'Touching the Wild' w/Joe Hutto

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Wind River Mountains 'Touching the Wild' w/Joe Hutto

Post by rlown »

This was worth posting.. A nice hour spent watching it... I have been that close to Mule deer, and it is awe inspiring. Be advised they can hurt you if they want to..

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/touching ... wild/8679/
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Wind River Mountains 'Touching the Wild' w/Joe Hutto

Post by Lumbergh21 »

Nice video. Thanks for the link. It would have been nicer if they had provided some insight into why Mule Deer are vanishing or even what they mean by that. Near the end he mentions several pressures but does not list them. The closest they come to stating a cause for the disappearance of Mule Deer is showing the hunters. They seem to want to leave the impression that hunting the deer is destroying them, yet that can't possibly be the whole story. After all, a reference was made to several pressures. I was amazed by the video, and it was full of emotion. But, I found it very light (as light as helium) in substance, which was very disappointing.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

ummm.. PBS? There was a winter kill of Bighorns; It might be the same kind of issue.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/spor ... a6f3d.html

They had one of bonding with Turkeys from hatch.. That was kind of the same vane as this.. Walk among the animals..
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

I watched the show the other night on PBS. Very well done and some amazing scenes.