KICKED IN THE BALLS BY A WILD PONY

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

KICKED IN THE BALLS BY A WILD PONY

Post by Hobbes »

I'm sorry, but this short clip is funnier 'n hell.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUJqmkNDISu ... hikesafari

I originally met Shepherd (the guy who took the video) @ the Tuolumne meadow store back when he was hiking the PCT a few years ago. Later, as he was bike touring down the coast from Alaska, I realized he was going to be coming through the beach cities in OC. So, I got hold of him around a week in advance, and we arranged to meet for lunch by the pier as he cycled down the PCH.

Last year he hiked the CDT, and this year he's hiking the AT to complete his "Triple Crown" (all 3 major long trails). He's blogging his adventures here if anyone is interested:

http://bikehikesafari.com/2017/05/16/at ... wild-pony/

So, anyway, he's hiking along with two other trail buddies when they came across some wild ponies in Virginia. The video captures the moment that any guy can relate in full juvenile splendor. Enjoy :moon:
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: KICKED IN THE BALLS BY A WILD PONY

Post by rlown »

Horses and wind don't get along. First rule of being near a horse is to be close to the side of the horse and not behind it or in front of it. Mules can actually hurt you from the side as well, so stand in the middle with those devils. Wifey got head-butted by her horse. A very unbecoming black eye for a week. Made checkout at the grocery store uncomfortable.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by Hobbes »

rlown wrote: A very unbecoming black eye for a week. Made checkout at the grocery store uncomfortable.
As in "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Hobbes wrote:
rlown wrote: A very unbecoming black eye for a week. Made checkout at the grocery store uncomfortable.
As in "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
Exactly.. :unibrow:
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

You go with your wife to the grocery store? I guess a horse isn't the only thing that can get a hold on ones nether regions. [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I try to avoid doing so. I can be in and out of a store in 20 mins depending on the checker. If she wants special items (which seems to be the norm these days), she goes alone. Maybe for two hours doing the "British Museum Search Algorithm" approach to shopping. :)

The special test for me was when the store changed where everything was. They even handed out maps :lol: One British Museum round and I knew where everything was.