Backcountry (2014) movie

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Backcountry (2014) movie

Post by rlown »

So I watched this movie (90 mins I won't get back) The black bear attack scene was interesting but not really true to form for those critters. This was filmed in Canada.

Anyway, it was more interesting than the news reports on Iowa :)

source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2944198/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt
An urban couple go camping in the Canadian wilderness - where unimaginable beauty sits alongside our most primal fears. Alex (Jeff Roop) is a seasoned outdoorsman while Jenn (Missy Peregrym), a corporate lawyer, is not. After much convincing, and against her better judgment, she agrees to let him take her deep into a Provincial Park to one of his favorite spots - the secluded Blackfoot Trail. On their first night, deep in the forest, they have an unsettling encounter with Brad (Eric Balfour), a strange alpha male with eyes for Jenn who may or may not be following them. Alex's desire to quickly reach Blackfoot Trail only intensifies. They push further and further into the woods, Alex stubbornly insisting that he remembers the way. After three days their path disappears; they are hopelessly lost. Without food or water, they struggle to find their way back, the harsh conditions bringing out the best and worst in them, pushing their already fragile relationship to the breaking point. When they realize they have entered a bear's territory, being lost suddenly becomes the least of their problems. Terror, horror, will, and survival become paramount.
- Written by Producer

An urban couple go camping in the woods and find themselves lost in the territory of a predatory black bear.
- Written by Anonymous
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Backcountry (2014) movie

Post by maverick »

Best bear attack that I have seen in a movie, even though the movie itself is okay, is in The Revenant! :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Backcountry (2014) movie

Post by zacjust32 »

maverick wrote:Best bear attack that I have seen in a movie, even though the movie itself is okay, is in The Revenant! :nod:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent scenery as well. When men were men and nature was wild.