Trinity Alps 2009 pic about the fishing at Ward/Horseshoe lk

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Trinity Alps 2009 pic about the fishing at Ward/Horseshoe lk

Post by rlown »

Someone PM'd me (Boilerup, maybe) about what is in Ward Lk in the alps. Here's one stringer (8-11ish inches; nice eating). Note the bows and brookies on the stringer. Not a bad lake, but a long way to go for that. You'll catch fish all day long in Ward. Bows in the strait and brookies everywhere else. NOTE: lots of garter snakes. Sometimes we would pull in a fish, and a snake would latch on. Harmless lil bstrds, but still, wow.

Horseshoe lk was smaller fish and less pleasant to be at.
Trinity 2009 170.jpg
Trinity 2009 141.JPG
Ignore the gun. This was a fishing/hunting trip. Success with both but I won't bore you with that story.

Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Trinity Alps 2009 pic about the fishing at Ward/Horsesho

Post by gary c. »

Come on Russ, you know I want to hear "The rest of the Story". At least a couple pic involving the rifle. :thumbsup:
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Trinity Alps 2009 pic about the fishing at Ward/Horsesho

Post by rlown »

this isn't a hunting board. [-X It was a "bear" of a hunt. 10 miles in as well.